So you just had a whirlwind of a week where you were exposed to 10,000+ fellow data nerds. You were inspired by others work, incredulous at the things you saw Tableau could do, excited for all the new feature announcements, giddy over the amazing speakers and feverishly taking notes as to not forget a thing. Your feet probably also ache, you had a great nights sleep in your own bed and you're ready for a Netflix weekend with the SO and/or kiddos. But what about now? What's next? Here's 10 things you can do now to continue the spirit of the conference and continue to grow in your practice:
- Connect with your colleges this week at work to reflect and share your conference experiences and to strategize how to harness the momentum, new connections and gained knowledge in your everyday practice.
- Now is the perfect time to catch up on the conference Twitter hashtag #data15 among others (like #datapluswomen!). See the conference through others eyes, find out about the moments you missed and discover new folks to follow! Also, did you know that each conference session had hashtag? While you're at it, use the conference app to lookup the sessions you attended or the ones you wanted to attend!
- Download Vizable, the free app that turns your data into beautiful, interactive graphs. It was revealed and went live during Day 1 of the conference and it has already been a big hit! Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Daniel Pink talked about the power of regularly devoting time to be creative outside of your daily responsibilities. He discussed a few examples of companies that do this and call it such names as Genius Hour, Friday Evening Experiments or Ship it Days. Have a conversation with your manager about testing this out on your team or consider incorporating it into your life outside of work even if just for 1 hour per week.
- Download Tableau Public and start experimenting publically with data! It's a fantastic way to connect with the community and strengthen your Tableau skills while you're at it. Don't know where to start? Watch the tutorials!
- Consider volunteering with the Tableau Foundation. Tableau Service Corps is a volunteer network of Tableau experts eager to help non-profits do more with their data. If you're looking to make a difference by offering your skill set today, this is the perfect opportunity.
- If you haven't already, make sure to use the conference app to rate and provide feedback for your session presenters. This will prove invaluable to them and help make for a great #Data2016.
- Speaking of #Data16, did you know you can already register and save $500!? Next years conference will be in Austin, TX. Consider writing yourself a memo for things you wish you did/brought/etc. this year. For me, that will include comfortable shoes, bandaids/blister block and business cards!
- Check your inbox for an e-mail from Tableau with all the Tableau Conference materials! Take a stab at the hands-on workshop materials, browse attachments from sessions you were unable to attend and drink from the fire hose!
- If you tagged attendees in the app, collected business cards or followed conference attendees on Twitter, don't forget to connect with them on LinkedIn.
|Some of my team members (I'm by the 2nd 'A'!)|